eComments During Meetings: When available, click here to submit eComments during a live meeting | Attendees must register here to attend all virtual meetings.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 22-120    Version: 1 Name:
Type: Minute Order Status: Action Item
File created: 7/22/2021 In control: EQUITY & HUMAN RELATIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
On agenda: 7/27/2021 Final action:
Title: (1) Consideration of the Expansion of the Historical Monuments Ad Hoc Subcommittee by Adding Additional Members; (2) (if desired) Appoint Additional Members Thereto; and (3) Provide Direction to Staff if Deemed Appropriate
Date Ver.Action ByActionResultAction DetailsMeeting DetailsVideo
No records to display.
title
(1) Consideration of the Expansion of the Historical Monuments Ad Hoc Subcommittee by Adding Additional Members; (2) (if desired) Appoint Additional Members Thereto; and (3) Provide Direction to Staff if Deemed Appropriate

body

Meeting Date: July 27, 2021

Contact Person/Dept: Walter Castillo / Administrative Services

Phone Number: (310) 253-5640

Fiscal Impact: Yes [] No [X] General Fund: Yes [] No [X]

Public Hearing: [] Action Item: [X] Attachments: []

Public Notification: (E-Mail) Meetings and Agendas- City Council (07/23/2021); (E-Mail) Meetings and Agendas- Equity & Human Relations Advisory Committee (07/23/2021); (E-Mail) All City Staff (07/23/2021)

Department Approval: Serena Wright, Assistant City Manager (07/23/2021)
____________________________________________________________________________


RECOMMENDATION

Staff recommends that the Equity & Human Relations Advisory Committee (EHRAC) (1) discuss the expansion of the Historical Monuments Ad Hoc Subcommittee; and (2) (if desired) appoint members thereto; and (3) provide direction to staff if deemed appropriate.

BACKGROUND/DISCUSSION

On June 22, 2021, Vice Chair Valverde made a motion to agendize this item. Vice Chair Valverde discussed the work on historical monuments by the Subcommittee and their discussions with the Culver City Historical Society. He raised the issue of expanding this Ad Hoc Subcommittee to look at possible monuments or art installations dedicated to ideas such as non-violence.

At the June 22, 2021 meeting, Chair Rona asked Vice Chair Valverde to give a small background about this Ad hoc Subcommittee and its purpose. Vice Chair Valverde discussed whether this Ad Hoc Subcommittee should only include historical ideas. The Ad Hoc Subcommittee could expand by adding additional members to look at other possible monuments that would include other ideas such as culture, education, dialogue, or something to that effect that are withi...

Click here for full text